Bing Desktop is a free program by Microsoft designed to bring the Bing search engine to the Windows desktop’ It allows you to start a web search from the desktop, view news headlines and set your background to the Bing homepage image.
If you have the following image on your desktop and you don’t want it; follow these steps to remove it:
- Go to Start.
- Click Control Panel, then click ‘Programs and Features’
- In the ‘Uninstall or change program’ list, click Bing Desktop and then
click ‘Uninstall’ (it might also appear as Windows Search 4.0, or Desktop Search)
- Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall it.
- If it’s not listed in uninstall a program or programs and feature, in the same window click on View ‘installed updates’ (this is located in the top-left of the window).
- Wait a couple of minutes for the list to completely load – Bing Desktop should be listed and can then be uninstalled.
- You may also want to check ‘Manage Add-Ons’, ‘Search Providers’ to ensure that Bing has not taken over here as well.