I was, sooooo, getting fed-up with the restrictions imposed on me by my new Broadband Service Provider (Vodafone), I couldn’t even check out the “Nord VPN” site, nor follow many links from PC-information sites that I need to follow for information purposes to pass on to the U3A computer group MK.
Vodafone has finally made it easy to change their “security settings”.
- Sign-in to your Account Summary
- Hit the [Manage content controls] button to the right of Broadband
- This takes you to “Content Controls”
- Search for and click on “Content Control Profile” or
click on the [Manage Content control profile] button.
- In your “Content Control Profile” you can choose which types of content you want to block. Choose between our Safe, Super safe or Ultra safe profiles, or create your own customised profile.
- Safe – Blocks Malicious sites
- Super safe – Blocks all content categories apart from Sex Education, Social Networks and Games
- Ultra-safe – Blocks all content categories
- Custom – Enables you to choose the content categories you want to block
- Turn off – Switch off all categories to give you access to all types of content
- Once you have made your choice just click on the [Save] button.
I can now access all the sites I want to, and at the end of my investigation, I can reset my safety level to what I think is needed.